Saturday, August 21, 2010

Married!

I thought I'd start blogging again now that Sam and I are married to keep everyone updated on everything.  Also, I haven't found a new job yet so I have lots of time. :)  It's very weird to go from working full time and going to school and wedding planning, to going into my busiest season at work whilst wedding planning, to suddenly being married with no job.  I'm very excited to find a job soon so that I don't go crazy!  Don't get me wrong - it's nice to have a little break after being so non-stop for the past seven months, but I do need to feel productive!

Sam and I are hoping to move into our own place September 1st.  That will be fun and will give me something to do - setting up our home!  We're both adjusting to the move.  It's definitely different being in the desert.  I learned the hard way that the desert is hot (which would make me want to wear a light summer dress) and also windy (which blows that summer dress right up while my hands are full).  We really miss all our friends up north, but we're thankful we have some family and friends here so that we aren't completely alone.  Gary and Sharon have been extremely generous in allowing us to stay here while we wait to move into the condo, and it's been fun for me to be here with the kitties Erin and Seth left behind!  Sam's even enjoying the cats (he's holding one right now!) and if it weren't for his allergies he would be loving it just as much as I do. :)

We had a really great time at our wedding and we hope everyone else did too!  As we drove away from our reception, I was completely overwhelmed by the love that everyone showed us.  All of our friends and family did so much for us to make it all come together!  Everyone was so generous with their time and with gifts - and I wish I could really express just how much we appreciate everything!  We feel incredibly blessed to be surrounded by such amazing people who have really helped us start this new phase of life together.

We had a great time on the honeymoon, too!  We took a cruise to Mexico, which stopped at Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, and Cabo San Lucas.  I had never been on a cruise before but LOVED it!  I did learn a lesson though - just because they constantly bring you food, doesn't mean you have to eat everything they put in front of you.  Also, don't go snorkeling in Cabo or you could perhaps aspirate a ton of water and sand and bruise a rib.  Yes, that was the great thing that happened to me in Cabo.  Thankfully it happened Friday, so it was towards the end of the trip.  I can already tell that Sam and I will most likely be frequent "cruisers" because it's such a great vacation.  It will be fun to bring friends and family along, too! 

I've included a few pictures from the honeymoon.  Thanks again to everyone for all your love and support!  We'd really appreciate prayer as I try to find a job and Sam adjusts to his new job.  And I'll hopefully continue to write now that I don't have much else to do! :)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for blogging again! Mexico looks beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...