Sunday, November 7, 2010

Moving Day!!!!

Sam and I got to Porterville around midnight last night so we could sleep in a super comfy bed as opposed to an air mattress.  We also wanted to break up the trip a little bit.  So I've already had the most wonderful start to our move! It began with an ice cream cake from Cold Stone that a friend at work got me!  It was perfect - cake batter ice cream with red velvet cake - mine and Sam's favorite!  The cake said, "We'll miss you," on it, and there are definitely people I will miss at work.  I'm hoping they'll all come visit up north, though. :)

This morning I got to have this:


my mom's homemade banana bread and coffee in a season-appropriate mug.  It's just fun to drink out of a pumpkin mug.

Also, this:

I didn't get to paint my nails at Costco.  Normally I wouldn't mind so much...but when someone tells me something is forbidden, it just makes me want to do it all the more.  So I painted my nails first thing this morning after my bubble bath. :) 

And this:

Can't go wrong with a super sweet niece.  So far, so good!

Ok, so I wrote the above yesterday, when it was actually moving day, and never got around to actually posting it.  Sam and I got to Petaluma around 6pm and were greeted by 9 of our friends who helped us unload everything.  With all the help it went pretty fast!  We are so close to downtown and I love that aspect of it!  I walked to Starbucks this morning to use the internet since ours isn't set up yet.

I also completely adore our home!  It's an older place so it has so many fun charming things about it, like random shelving, a claw foot bathtub/shower, and a slanted roof.  It's definitely small, so we're going to have fun finding a place for everything.  But it's perfect!  Also, something that I think is just so cute (and it's from Friends) is that there are curtains on the cupboards instead of doors!  Love that!  Ok, as soon as we get somewhat unpacked and settled I'll put up pictures.  Just so excited to be here!  And happy to be celebrating our 3 month anniversary here today. :)

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!!! 3 Month anniversaries are the best and moving at the same time makes it all the more wonderful! Can't wait to see photos, but I'm loving your excitement for your new home and life already =) Looking forward to chatting with you soon...Happy (belated) anniversary and happy unpacking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I love the season appropriate mug - props to Nancy!

    2. Congratulations on the move!

    3. I love reading your blog, so keep posting.

    4. Can't wait to see pics of the new place.

    5. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...