Friday, December 24, 2010

Blessed Christmas

Sam and I are here in Nevada hanging out with the Swenson clan, getting really excited for Christmas!  So far there have been lots of games, food, and laughs.  It's the first Christmas with a Swenson grandchild (Wyatt) so it's been pretty fun watching him.

I was thinking about how fortunate Sam and I are.  It's always hard around the holidays to figure out where to spend them and how to allocate the family time.  But the great part is that we both really like both of our families.  I know not everyone is that lucky, so I've just been thinking about how blessed we are in that way.  I honestly could not ask for better in-laws.  And though I really miss my parents, siblings, nieces and nephew, I'm so glad that I love this family, too.

It's weird knowing that I won't be in Porterville for Christmas morning, listening to the Sandi Patti Christmas record and devouring our traditional Christmas brunch, complete with Mom's coffee cake.  But to be able to share Christmas with the Swenson side is pretty wonderful as well!  I'm excited about the years to come as Sam and I develop our own little traditions and make new memories, and so thankful for two wonderful, amazing, fun families.

Merry Christmas everyone. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...