Tuesday, March 29, 2011

"Sam"

I don't know about you, but this movie just happens to be one of my favorite romantic comedies.


I loved this movie when I was younger, and still love it.  In fact, I just watched it on Netflix - great way to put off doing homework.

I've always loved my husband's name, and after watching this again I realized why.  Tom Hanks' character's name is Sam Baldwin, and at the end of the movie, when Annie (Meg Ryan) finally meets her beloved, she looks into his eyes with sweet affection and says, rather tenderly, "Sam."  In that single utterance, she reveals all the anticipation, desire, and ultimate relief at being united with the one her heart dreamed of.  I felt exactly that same way when I saw my husband walking toward me in the Wal-Mart in Los Banos, when we met face to face (for the second time in four years).

"Sam."

Sigh.

My heart is happy.


My Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...