Monday, April 11, 2011

Epilogue

I was reflecting more about my professor today and I think I realized why learning of his death affected me the way it did.  Bob reminded me a lot of one of my favorite writers, someone whose writing I am daily greatly influenced by - Mr. Lewis himself.  Like C.S. Lewis, Bob was incredibly brilliant.  His knowledge of literature was equally astounding, as was his love of the written word.  He was blunt and unapologetic regarding his beliefs.  And, like Bob, C.S. Lewis was once a strong, influential atheist.  I realized that deep down, I had hoped their lives would have similar endings, too.  I hoped one day Bob would accept Christ's love and would be just as passionate about that as he was about trying to prove that God didn't exist.

He certainly had the knowledge.  I'm still hoping that in the end he really did accept Christ's salvation.  And that perhaps he and Clive are having fantastically insightful conversations, swapping stories and appreciating the glory of God. 

Perhaps.

1 comment:

  1. I love your thoughts. And you're an amazing, insightful, passionate girl. I'm sorry you don't get to take classes with Bob anymore, but it really is a great thought to think of him and CS Lewis chatting in heaven! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...