Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter

If you ask my cousins, they will tell you that when I was a little girl, my favorite holiday was Easter.  ("Hey Kim, what's your favorite holiday?"  "Easter!"  "Oooh, ooh, Easter!"  That was for you, Roggie cousins.)  I still love Easter.  It's a great time to remember that Jesus still lives, and that he overcame death to bring us life.

I miss Easters spent at Grandma & Grandpa Roggie's house, finding eggs full of change and eating lots of monkey bread.  I also miss the fabulous Easter hats old ladies used to wear.  I missed my family today, but I'm thankful to be in Nevada with my in-laws and my hubby.  It was special to see my father's brothers at church today, the same church where my father-in-law is the pastor, where some of the same people attend that used to attend my grandfather's church here in town years and years ago.

Games have been played, movies have been watched, Wyatt has entertained, and lots of candy has been eaten.  By me.  No homework has been done, either.  In your face, homework - you're not as important as Easter and family!

Today is for celebrating the risen Savior.

Up from the grave he arose!
With a mighty triumph o'er his foes
He arose a victor from the dark domain
And he lives forever with his saints to reign
He arose!  He arose!
Hallelujah, Christ Arose!

(Pretty sure I put this same song on my old blog three Easters ago...still my favorite Easter hymn though.)

Happy Easter.  Thank you, Jesus.

2 comments:

  1. Haha! Ooh ohh Easter! So many fun memories! Happy Easter kibbeanie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo many fun kid memories at grandma and grandpa's!!! "Who is a part of the armpit gang?!"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...