Sunday, April 17, 2011

'Luma Happenings

I live in a fun little town with lots of random things to do.  This weekend was particularly eventful, with Butter & Eggs day yesterday and the Petaluma Antique Faire today.  Apparently Petaluma used to be the butter capital of the world, so they have a parade each year in honor of that legacy.  They also have vendors all over downtown, selling yummy food and random cool things.  It was packed, the food was yummy, and Sam and Jared matched. :)



 After the parade we went back to our house for some bocce ball.


Someone wanted to watch.

 This is Sam with one of Andy & Sarah's 4 week-old twins.  Yes, he looks adorable holding a baby, and no, it doesn't make me want a baby any time soon. :)

After bocce ball we had Mexican food.  Then Sam and I came home and watched The Graduate...more on that in a later post.

Today I wandered down to see this:

Petaluma has an abundance of antique stores, and it's one of the biggest tourist attractions.  Thus, Kentucky Street was packed this morning.  It was amazing to see how much people pay for antiques!  I couldn't believe how much of it looked like all my grandma's old dishes - pyrex sets and whatnot.  And people are paying exorbitant amounts of money for them!   I saw linens similar to those I inherited from my Grandma Wuth - table runners, tablecloths, and doilies - only these were $25 apiece and didn't have any special meaning.  Wow!!!  

I thought a lot of the items were interesting and cute, but it just seems silly to me to spend that much money on something so old.  I saw a lot of things that were probably found at thrift stores and repainted, reupholstered, and refinished.  The cheapskate in me refuses to spend the money on that sort of thing when I can do it myself. :)  However, I did make a few little purchases that I was rather pleased with:
I thought this typewriter-key ring was adorable.  And, it has my favorite number on it.

An adorable yellow cream pitcher from an adorable old man (whose favorite color was yellow as well!)

And lastly, this precious rose teacup.  (I'm really into tea lately, if you haven't noticed.) 

All in all, it was a relaxing weekend.  I'm on spring break this week too (woohoo!!!) which meant I could really relax.  No stressful paper-writing tonight.  Just silly blog rambling.

Hope you all had special weekends as well, and that you wake up with joy and hope tomorrow morning.  Yay Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Well I sure hope you wore your "I LOVE BUTTER" shirt to the festival!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your kitties are just precious. Mine is being evil right now, so I will pretend that yours are angels, since they look like it. Have a great spring break!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...