Saturday, May 14, 2011

Flower

I got a tattoo today.  My first.  As I've said before, gerbera daisies were Sara's favorite flower.  I chose orange, since her favorite color was red and my favorite color is yellow - I figured orange would be a good compromise.  I got it on my wrist because I wanted a reminder of her and who she was.  Frankly, I am humbled by her strength and character, and she inspired me to make the most of the life I've been given.  This flower will hopefully help me remember to do that.

Here's the thing: I need a reminder.  Persevering doesn't come naturally to me.  Working hard doesn't come naturally to me.  Being nice doesn't come naturally to me, either.  When life is hard, all I want to do is eat ice cream and watch Friends episodes over and over and over, an option I've chosen, unfortunately, more times than I care to admit.  I'd love to say that my natural tendencies are really honorable, but the fact is that they are not.  My natural inclination is to be lazy and inconsiderate of others.  How's that for honesty?

I have to constantly ask God for the strength to make the right decision, to be kind, and to keep going.  I really can't take credit for the times I do things well.  So for those of who think I am some great, hopeful, hardworking person...boy do I have you fooled! :) 

Anyway...here's my tattoo.  I want to get more shading done on it, so it's not exactly complete.

And here's pictures of me before getting it.

See how I'm smiling?  Yeah, then I saw the needle.

I'll put up another picture when it's all done.  Until then...live your best life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...