Sunday, May 29, 2011

A Love Letter

I am smitten with my husband.

This man deserves some sort of award for marrying me.  I still haven't figured out why he did it, or what I possibly could have done to trick him into choosing me (I think it had something to do with my hair - he's a sucker for curls), but whatever it was, I'm glad it happened.

I must admit, I'm a beast to live with day in and day out.  I am quite passionate, which sometimes translates into dramatic and ridiculous.  I have crazy opinions and I'm incredibly stubborn.  I hate to admit when I'm wrong and I would rather just try to do something cute so Sam forgets about being mad at me than to have to apologize.  Also, I am pretty lacking in the common sense area (many geniuses are...ha), which would be funny if I could laugh at myself, but instead I'm overly sensitive and get embarrassed when I say something stupid.

And yet he loves me.

He loves me a lot.  He loves me too much to let me be ridiculous.  He's good for me in a way that I love and am annoyed by all at the same time.  He knows what I'm capable of and pushes me.  He doesn't let me settle for less than my best.  When I am showing an ugly side, he points it out and tells me to stop it.  Essentially, he's just what I need.  We definitely disagree, and I hate it when anyone points out a weakness of mine, but that's what makes it real and honest.  If I was married to a man who didn't call me out on things, I'm sure I'd get bored, and would probably be a horrible person.  But, like any best friend should, Sam accepts me for who I am but loves me enough to encourage me to be better.

He's basically an adorable, studly man.  Even though he was allergic to cats, he bought me two of them because he knew how much I loved them.  He actually appreciates all the ridiculous songs I make up throughout the day about the cats or doing the dishes...or he might just be good at pretending he likes them. :) He works hard, genuinely loves others, and dances with me.  He's versatile and gifted in so many different areas, and I'm routinely surprised by yet another hidden talent of his.

I really just have a huge crush on him.

He's my lobster.


Total hottie.  Love him.

4 comments:

  1. Don't be so hard on yourself Kibbers! You are amazing too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thrilled beyond thrilled that you are who God handpicked for Sam. You're perfect for him and sometimes I wonder how you do it...love you, Sam. :) He's one lucky and blessed man to have such an incredible wife as you. Seriously, give yourself a huge pat on the back. And yes, you're blessed to have him too. He's an amazing guy!

    Miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is awesome. Sam is awesome. so are you! this makes me feel awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...