Saturday, May 28, 2011

A Time to Clean

I officially turned in my last paper of the semester yesterday, which means that today I am free.  Free from the burden of school - that heavy, relentless, blasted feeling that constantly reminds me I have books to read and papers to write before I can do anything remotely enjoyable.  Not that I don't find reading and writing enjoyable - I do!  That's why I'm an English major.  But I long for the day when I choose what I read and what I write!  And friends, I am happy to say that that day has finally arrived.

So...what to do with this new-found freedom?  Well, my poor husband is under the weather, so I get to do something I find most relaxing and enjoyable - clean!  And organize!  Our little loft has been facing lots of neglect recently, and I'm ready to show it some love.  I also plan to...wait for it...make a list!  Surprise, surprise, I can't wait to make a list of all the things I want to accomplish this summer - books to read, places to go, and all those other fun things on lists.  I found a wonderful ultimate to-do list on real simple magazine's web site that I can't wait to fill out.  I adore real simple, and find so many helpful tips on that site!  (It may or may not have a makeover-tool, I might have played with it for an hour, and that may or may not be a contributing reason why I chose to dye my hair red.)

Also, now that school is over, I feel happily inspired.  So I plan to write, write, and write. 

"Oh, how sweet the light of day, and how wonderful to live in the sunshine!  Even if you live a long time, don't take a single day for granted.  Take delight in each light-filled hour, remembering that there will also be many dark days." -Ecc. 11:7-8

Taking advantage of any light-filled hours I can, because I'm all too familiar with those dark days.  I encourage you to do the same!

1 comment:

  1. DUDE! You are my SOULMATE! organizing, reading, writing, listmaking - you just named my four favorite things in life :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...