Sunday, June 12, 2011

A little sunshine in life

I had a really blessed weekend.  Sam was up in Salem looking for a home for us, so I went down to Porterville to see my newest nephew.  I stopped in Fresno on Saturday to see T.J. & Becca (Becca's birthday was Saturday) and Ashley and Rusty.  Unfortunately I forgot my camera so I didn't get any pictures with them, even though my sweet niece and nephew are adorable.  Seriously, I don't even think I'm biased, they are literally two of the cutest kids I've ever seen.  If you don't believe me, go look at pictures on Becca's blog.

Saturday morning I got to spend time with Jacquie, Annie, and Kayla, some friends from Porterville.  Each of these friends honestly deserves their own post (shoot, I haven't done my friendship posts in too long!), as they each have such sweet spirits.  So....more to come on them later!  It was such a great time and I was so thankful to be able to hear about their lives and be encouraged by them.  I miss them!

Then I got to meet sweet Nathan!  He is tiny and precious.  I also got to hang out with Samantha, Kristy and Mike.  Again, I don't want to brag, but Samantha and Nathan are two more of the cutest babies ever.  My mom had her camera, so I do have pictures of them.


And here's the proud big sister:

In this picture, Samantha saw me holding Nathan and wanted to climb up in the chair with us.  But as soon as the camera came out, she wanted down!  I don't understand - if she's related to me she should love cameras. ;)

Look how tiny his little body is!  It was hard not to squeeze him.

On Saturday night my mom and I made chicken enchiladas and peach pie.  The enchiladas are a favorite of mine, and my mom is famous for her peach pie, so I wanted to learn how to make both of these yummy things before we move.  My dad appreciated my desire to learn, as he got to enjoy the final result.  :) Sunday morning I helped Kristy and Mike take some newborn pictures of Nate, which was fun because his cry is so tiny and sweet.  Hopefully they turn out well. 

On my way home I got to stop and see my friend Krissy, who I've known as long as I can remember.  She, too, deserves a post all her own.  She's a doctor now, which is really impressive and I'm so proud of her!  It was a really special time, and I was reminded of how lucky I am to have family I love and really good friends.

I finished off the weekend with the best part - picking Sam up from the airport!  I missed my cute husband.

And now, time for bed - as you can see, having lots of fun is exhausting.

2 comments:

  1. First of all... new glasses? ;) Secondly, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I can actually see you as a mom! Someday... but still! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...