Wednesday, June 8, 2011

If a person allows it...

We all have different ways of coping with daily stresses, different things that really help us center ourselves and make the most of our day.  At least, I think it would be a good idea if we all had that.  My favorite way to start my day involves a cup of coffee or tea and three books.  First of all, the Bible...that's non-negotiable for me, and if I start my day without this I'm guaranteed a more frustrating day, and I'm usually in a worse mood.

The other two books are the type that have a different reading for each day of the year.  One of them was a gift from my father-in-law that I've mentioned before, A Year with C.S. Lewis.  Another was a gift from my Aunt Sharon, called Streams in the Desert, by L.B. CowmanToday's entry was particularly helpful to me, so I thought I would share it with you:

"If a person allows it, he can find something at every turn of the road that will rob him of his victory and his peace of mind.  Satan is far from retiring from his work of attempting to deceive and destroy God's children.  At each milestone in your life, it is wise to check the temperature of your experience in order to be keenly aware of the surrounding conditions.

If you will do this and firmly exhibit your faith at the precise moment, you can sometimes actually snatch victory from the very jaws of defeat.   

Faith can change any situation, no matter how dark or difficult.  Lifting your heart to God in a moment of genuine faith in Him can quickly alter your circumstances.

God is still on His throne, and He can turn defeat into victory in a split second, if we will only trust Him."

That was really encouraging to me today!  Why accept defeat when we can experience victory?  Every change in life can be debilitating or strengthening; it's up to us to choose which we will let it be.  Too many times I've allowed my victory and peace of mind to be robbed from me.  That's silly.  I don't want to do that anymore.

And that's why I get up early to read. :)

1 comment:

  1. I hate satan. He is a robber. BUT JESUS now that is someone to talk about :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...