Thursday, June 16, 2011

You are what you eat

Sam and I recently watched a documentary called Food Matters which has encouraged a lot of focus on health and well-being.  I highly recommend this to anyone who is interested in what you can do to take good care of the body you have been blessed with.  I've just been thinking a lot lately about all the things I can and cannot control.  I know I can't control every aspect of my health, but I know a lot of problems I have are the result of laziness or ignorance on important eating habits that could easily be changed.

I just wanted to write about this because I believe it's so important.  Now that I'm more aware of how much I can do to help my body work in my favor, I really want to take care of myself, and I want to encourage others to do the same.  I also want to write about it as a way to hold myself accountable to make better decisions.  It's so easy for me to rationalize unhealthy habits, but I feel like if I put it out there for everyone to see, I will be more likely to stick with this new lifestyle.

So, for anyone who is interested, here's the trailer for the film.  (Sam and I found it streaming on Netflix.)  You can also visit the website http://www.foodmatters.tv/ to get a lot of good information. 

And I'm asking whoever is reading to help keep me accountable.  Maybe just ask me every now and then what I'm eating and how I'm taking care of this temple.  And then I'll ask you the same question. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...