Wednesday, July 6, 2011

f.a.m.i.l.y. (part I)

First of all, I want to remind everyone that it is JULY!!!!  Birthday month!  And yes, as a matter of fact, I have already started celebrating.  More on that later.

Sam and I have had quite a busy couple weeks, completely full of blessings.  We came home from James & Monica's wedding on a Sunday and that Monday we met up with Sam's side of the family for a vacation in Bodega Bay where my wonderful parents-in-law rented a house.  More than half of us celebrate birthdays in the months of June & July, so we all exchanged gifts and had what felt like Christmas in July.  So technically my birthday celebrating started very early.  :) On a similar note, my dearest Marci texted me on the morning of July 1st to wish me a happy birthday month, which of course made my day (not only because it's my birthday month but because she knows me so well that she knew I'd love that).

We laughed a lot, ate a lot of salt-water taffy (or should I say "tAHffy"), and enjoyed both the rain and the sun.  Here are some favorite pictures from the week:

Here's Heidi & Kari in front of what we thought was a church from the Hitchcock movie The Birds, which was filmed in Bodega Bay.  We didn't know if it was this church or the creepy looking house behind it.  Turns out it was the house, which I did not get a picture of.  Oops.  Church is still pretty!

Here's a cat I found sleeping in the used bookstore.  Only in Sebastopol.  At said bookstore I happily stumbled across a gluten-free cookbook, Leo Tolstoy's Anna Karenina, and a book by Kurt Vonnegut, whose work I enjoy.  All for under $20.  Lovely.


Kari & Wyatt on the balcony.


And a close-up.

Wyatt being adorable.
He's definitely got Swenson blood in him.
Okay, seriously?  I'm related to the cutest kids! 

Yummy...fish tacos, which of course go great with pear cider from Sebastopol.
View from the house
Flying the kite
Enjoying crab at the Tides restaurant.

It was really wonderful to be together!  We came back Friday afternoon, spent a couple hours at home, and then drove to Porterville for some time with my family.  I'll post more on that later.  For now, back to packing.  Yay.

3 comments:

  1. My world is back to normal again now that a new blog from you is posted. Miss you and so happy you got to share these wonderful memories and moments with the Swenson clan! =) Happy, happy packing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. like! :) (what has facebook done to me?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim and Sam,
    I am friends with Kari. I played soccer with Kari at Corban and of course went to college with her. I just wanted to let you know that I have enjoyed reading your blog and hearing updates from you and Sam. I wanted to point out Woody in the first picture of Kari and Wyatt. He is in the far left upper window laying across something looking at his daughter and grandson. Just wanted to point that out! =) Enjoying packing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...