Saturday, July 23, 2011

My Days

This is what has happened in my life the last few days...

I had a really radical interview with Starbucks.  The manager and I had the same color hair (mine is not natural...no big deal), we talked about difficulties in finding churches and working in the ministry, and she told me that one of the baristas wants to be friends with me.  This was a particularly fun coincidence because when I visited the store on Monday, this sweet girl helped me and I went home and told Sam, "I hope I get called for an interview because there's a girl that works there that I think I could be friends with!"  Nice to know she also had that friend-at-first-sight feeling. :)  Now I'll feel really lame if I don't get the job, since the interview went so well.  But, if that's the case, it just means God's got something different in mind.

I got a smartphone.  This means I've been spending way too much time trying to figure it out - I am oh so technically challenged - and cursing myself for becoming a "smartphone" user.  If any of you ever see me on it when I'm hanging out with you in person, slap me hard.  I really don't want to be that annoying...but they are soooo addicting, with so many apps.  Is it weird that the app I was most excited about was the dictionary one?

I've also been hanging out with this guy:

He's entertaining, and I get to watch him run around and throw balls and look at books when his parents are busy. Also, I tried to teach him how to say "Kimmy" and he responded with "Aqui," so I'm pretty certain we have a bilingual genius on our hands.

Finally, we were blessed to attend a really special, beautiful wedding last night.  Liz was a radiant bride, and it was so lovely to see evidence of her killer style all throughout the gorgeous decorations.  She was one of Sara's best friends and had asked her to be a bridesmaid, so Sara was incorporated into the ceremony in a very sweet and precious way.  A bouquet, a table filled with pictures of her, a jar of her favorite cookies (Oreos), and pictures of her in the slideshow all honored their friendship and Sara's memory.  We felt Sara's presence there, which was sweet, but it really made us wish she could've been there in person.  So many times we wish she could be here in person.  Still so painfully missed.

And that's all for tonight.  Blessings to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...