Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Writing

Writing is so difficult.  So fun, so rewarding, so fulfilling.  But so difficult.

The problem is, writing is never done.  No matter how many times I reread something I've written, editing, cutting things, adding parts...still, the next time I read it, I think it's awful and find so many ways I could have improved it.

The solution?  Never let anyone actually read my writing.

Since I've already broken this rule...sadly...I'll just keep frustrating myself with my mistakes, in the hopes that the more I write the better I'll get.

Though I know I'll never be perfect.

Dang it.

I've written a ton today, in the hopes of providing you lovely readers with some thought-provoking, meaningful words that you will remember forever.  Failing miserably.  All my starts are unfinished, and I can't get anything to work.

Writing is hard.  Why do I love it so much?  I'm a glutton for punishment.

Well, here's a pretty picture of the clouds outside my window.  Maybe it can be a substitute for my lack of ability.

3 comments:

  1. I actually like your writing - (but some say I'm weird, so I'm not sure that gives you any hope).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimmy, I think you need a great big hug. You are an incredible writer. and even if no one liked what you wrote or wanted to read it, that would still not make you a bad writer. I don't think beauty is in the eye of the beholder unless the beholder is God. and unlike you, He knows you have the ability and the talent for it. Hope your day is as beautiful as the picture you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, thanks, Esther and Laura! I was just a grumbling ball of frustration last night, and so it only made sense to write about what I was actually feeling! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...