Thursday, August 25, 2011

Mawwage is what bwings us togeva today...

Last weekend my mom, Kristy and I threw a bridal shower for Joni.  Remember my post about my mom, when I talked about how good she is at throwing parties?  Here's some proof, in pictures taken by Becca.





See how gorgeous all the decorations are, and how detailed everything is?  I had nothing to do with that.  That's all my mom, and Kristy.  They did all the important parts, like the food and the pretty stuff.  Mike helped with the food, too...thanks, Mike!  My job was the games.  No, I'm not so great at details or decorations, but games I can handle.  Also making inappropriate jokes and trying to make Joni uncomfortable...I can handle that like a champ.


That's everyone playing the games.  (The stunner in the red striped shirt is my lovely grandmother.)  Below is a picture of Becca with Joni.  (Becca is carrying her third child...either my third niece or my fourth nephew...Phoebe or Pheobo...who is planning to join the family right around New Years.) 


And Kristy and I, the co-matrons of honor, sort of matched that day.  You can't see it in the picture, but we're both wearing white skirts, too.  And no, we didn't plan it.  We are just that cute.



It's nice to have these little scheduled times when I know I'll see my family.  And I can't wait for the wedding in December!

3 comments:

  1. ADORABLE! I can see where you get your fantastic party-organizing skills! Way to go mom! :) Looks like it was a blast. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!! Looks like it was a lovely shower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful and so much fun! I love how showers bring people together and are filled with happiness, goodies and love! BTW - I'm steeling the taffy skewers....such a great idea! Not sure what I'm using it for, but somewhere down the road I want to use that!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...