Friday, August 12, 2011

An Observation

I know there's a whole debate about girls and boys, nature versus nurture, and what really causes masculine and feminine characteristics.  I heard there's even a couple in Canada raising their child to be genderless to avoid the nurture thing.  (Never mind the fact that they're also subjecting their child to public scrutiny and probably screwing the kid up by causing such a stir, but hey, what do I know, I'm not a parent.)  Anyway, I have a male cat and a female cat.  Now I'll admit, I do say gender-specific things to them.  I often tell Willow she's a "tiny little princess," and that she's pretty, and I tell Morty he's "big monster boy" and that he is a handsome cat.  But according to Sam, they don't really understand what I'm saying, so he calls them idiot and stupid in the same cute voice I use, insisting they don't know the difference.  (He doesn't really think they're stupid, don't worry, and also I'm not sure I believe him that they don't understand.)

:)

Now from these pictures, can you tell me which is the boy cat and which is the girl cat?  (Forgive the picture quality, these were taken on my phone.)

 Kitty #1



Kitty #2





Kitty #1 is Morty - the boy.  And he likes to roll on his back and expose his belly and let it all hang out.  Like a boy.  And then Willow, Kitty #2, likes to keep her legs together and look all dainty, like a lady.  Does anyone else see it?  This is obviously nature working here, people.

Hope you have all enjoyed my ridiculous observations of my cats.  Anyone else think I need a second job?  I've got too much time on my hands.

Albert Schweitzer said, "There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."  So true, Albert.  So true.  Dan Greenburg said, "Cats are dangerous companions for writers because cat watching is a near-perfect method of writing avoidance."  Also, apparently, very true.

He also said, "There is, incidentally, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person." 

Hmmm...

:)

3 comments:

  1. Love the photos! Too funny!

    Also, I would prefer you not have a second job and just blog everyday! =)

    Miss you

    ReplyDelete
  2. if somebody paid me to do that, i WOULD, JA! Wait...is that what you were offering to do? Very well, I accept! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cute kitties!! I just wanna squeeze them :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...