Tuesday, January 3, 2012

january 3

Three years ago today I went on my first date with Samuel.  Two years ago today he asked me to be his wife.  I said yes.

I remember how nervous I felt driving the three hours to our first date.  Sam and I had been emailing each other, talking on the phone, and video chatting for a month, but this was the first time I would see him in person since meeting him three years earlier.  I wondered how awkward it would be, especially since I had told him several times how much I hoped to kiss him.  (Yep, I was a little forward, and yes, I was all talk, because I was actually very nervous about what I'd do if he tried to kiss me.)  I wondered what would happen with this guy because I had very nearly fallen for him through our conversations alone.  I made up my mind that I would be totally myself that day, no matter what, and just hoped he liked me back.

We met up at Wal Mart in Los Banos because that was the only place we thought would be easy to find.  I saw him walking toward me down the aisle and suddenly freaked out and hid behind a rack of clothes.  Pulling myself together, I stepped out so that he could see me.  He marched right up to me and gave me a huge hug and immediately things flowed.  It wasn't awkward for a moment.  We went and had breakfast at Eddie's Cafe, then decided to just drive, and see where we'd end up.

We ended up in Santa Cruz, found a beach to walk on, and spent the rest of the day sitting on a log, talking and laughing.  It was there, on the beach at sunset, where he kissed me for the first time.  At that moment I was a goner.  Totally in love.

Our first pictures together, on that day:
 

A year later, on that same beach, by that same log where we first fell in love, this happened:


(Ignore the ridiculous face I'm making...I thought Sam was making a funny face behind me.)


Thanks for telling me you had to see me and asking me to meet you halfway three years ago, Cute Face.  And thanks for asking me to be your wife a year later.  And thanks for being the best husband I could ask for ever since.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading your story! Cute pics....last one needs no words. AWESOME to have such a love and companion in marriage! You two are truly BLESSED!

    patsy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...