Friday, March 9, 2012

A silly post about hair and goodie bars

So...my hair is currently the lightest it has been in seven years.  See?


(I actually just think the cats look hilarious in these pictures, which is why I took pictures with them.  And notice Sam hanging out in the background?)

I'm slowly but surely going to be a blonde.  It will take a few more appointments at the salon to break through all the other color(s) of my hair (none of which are natural) but my stylist promised me she can eventually get me blonde.  For those of you who remember my blonde disaster of 2005, rest assured, it won't look like that.  I hope.  And the only reason it is straight is because it looks ridiculous curly - with each curl containing about seven different hair colors.

I don't know what prompted me to change my hair color yet again, though I think it has something to do with missing the sunshine and California.  I miss being warm.  I don't remember the last time I was warm.  I miss wearing flip flops and shorts.  And no, this isn't just the normal "I'm ready for summer" feeling, it's the "I miss central valley weather".  Perhaps this new fascination with blonde is just my feeble attempt to pretend like it is the sunshine that has lightened my hair.  (Perhaps that's also why I bought a bunch of beach-themed candles at Bath & Body works.) I'll just pretend like I'm at Avila Beach all through the cold Oregon spring.

Perhaps this new color will actually help me look like I am, indeed, related to my siblings, all of whom have retained their flaxen hair.  ("One of these things is not like the others...")

And my parents, though, sorry Dad, your hair is just gray now. :)  (Don't worry, you're going to be a cute old man!)

Maybe I just want to somehow maintain my identity as a Wuth, now that I live a state away from the rest of them.  And, happily, I'll fit in more with my Scandinavian in-laws, too.

And that's enough of the psychological inquisition as to why I dye my hair...

Guess what I realized?  I can make Goodie Bars with Corn Chex (gluten-free) instead of Corn Flakes (which I think contain barley malt, which would make me sick) and they taste about the same.  Even better, they are vegan!!!!  The only four blessed ingredients are honey, peanut butter, sugar and now Corn Chex, so we've got a gluten-free, vegan dessert on our hands!  Are they healthy?  Absolutely not - far from it, in fact.  They have way too much sugar to be healthy.  But I memorized the recipe years ago and altered it so that I can make a small serving - about an eighth of a batch - to enjoy when I just need a goodie bar fix and don't want to tempt myself with a whole pyrex of them.  Still shouldn't be eating it, but oh my, so yummy.  You can click here to get the full recipe, but if you just want a little bowlful, boil 1/8 of a cup of honey with 1/3 of a cup of sugar.  Remove from heat, add 1/3 of a cup of peanut butter, stir really well, and then add 1 cup of cereal.  Stir, flatten with waxed paper, and eat up. 

Now don't you want a goodie bar?  You're welcome.

5 comments:

  1. I love your new hair color! Honestly, I like all your hair colors and love that you change it up regularly. You are more brave than I am. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, carissa! i'm sure your hair is much healthier than mine, due to your bravery. :)

      Delete
  2. A) Your hair does NOT look nearly as bad as you made it sound! B) The top 2 pics look like they're from the 1960's... I like! C) Surprisingly, your long hair makes you look older!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A) It does when it's curly! B) I took them on the "retro" setting on the camera. Glad you like! C) Um...thanks? Like older as in I'm in my late twenties or older as in I have a kid in high school?

      Delete
  3. I LOVE the hair and had NO IDEA until now!!!! Wow - I'm really out of it!

    The above pictures rock and I think think your hair color makes you look more like your mom....which is a huge compliment because she is beautiful! =)

    How it is looking now? Do you still love it?

    I've always wanted to try being a brunette...maybe I'll move to oregon and then have the courage to dye my hair!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...