Tuesday, July 31, 2012

More Musings

Here's one thing I know about myself.  When my body wants a break, it will have a break.

The past week has been very nonstop.  With all the moving, cleaning of the old house and cleaning of the new house, plus still working full time, my lil body has had a rough time.  I was cleaning/packing/moving from 6am to 10pm Thursday, working all day Friday, more moving/packing/cleaning Saturday, cleaning the old place Sunday morning (plus an hour break to dye my hair and write a paper for school), then closing at work Sunday night.

Monday morning I opened at work, so I only had 7.5 hours between my closing and opening shifts.  But surprisingly, I was feeling good and had plenty of energy.  Unfortunately, about three hours into my shift I suddenly came down with the flu.  (Another observation: if you are in your late twenties, are married, and suddenly have the stomach flu, everyone assumes you are pregnant.  Nope, sorry to say, just the flu.)  So my boss sent me home, where I spent the remainder of the morning sleeping and trying to stop the room from spinning.

I was so annoyed.  There I sat, surrounded by unpacked boxes, and I couldn't do anything!  When I woke up, I kept trying to get out of bed and start hanging up clothes, but then I would get cold and my head would scream at me and I was resigned to lay down again.  I used to think it was just a coincidence that I got sick whenever it was least convenient for me - when I had too much going on to be able to stop and rest - but I'm pretty sure it is because I fail to take good care of myself when I'm busy.  Like I said, if I don't rest enough, my body will send me into a forced mini-sabbatical.  Unfortunately, bodies don't run on coffee alone, as I once believed.

Since the house is still no where close to unpacked, I don't have many pictures yet.  But I do love our new place.  It has tons of windows, which makes me happy because of all the natural light, and the cats are happy because they can bird watch.


Also, I've been leaving the front door open with just the screen door closed, and today Willow noticed something interesting on the other side of the screen.


So she and Morty spent a little while trying to figure out who that other cat was and how it got outside.


And this is all I've done since yesterday morning - sleep and watch my cats.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you got run down and sick. Listen to your body! Wish I could have been there to help you out. Love the pictures of the kitties - interesting that you have a neighbor kitty that wanted to see who moved in. Hope you are feeling better. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very busy!!

    That's so weird, because everyone here has been sick too! Robert got the flu (fever, vomit, the whole nine yards) on Friday morning and came home from work (which NEVER happens!). Then Kim, Mitchell's GF, got the same thing on Saturday night and she was out through Monday. And then, I got the vomit part (no fever -- although, I might have preferred the fever without the vomit) on Monday morning and was out of commission. That is so very odd that you just got it on Monday too! In a way, it makes me feel connected to you =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...