Monday, September 17, 2012

happy birthday, marci



Today is Marci's birthday, so I wanted to dedicate a post to her.  I don't think I could accurately describe our friendship in words, so instead I'll let some pictures do the talking.  But basically we met in kindergarten, became inseparable in seventh grade, and for the past fifteen years have been there for each other through everything.  I love her, and I'll never let her stop being my friend.

A production of Oliver! in seventh grade. (No, I never had short blond hair, that is a wig.)


In eighth grade we performed Guys and Dolls - Marci was Adelaide, I was Sister Sarah.  We're singing Marry the Man Today here, a duet.  (Oh yeah, she has a beautiful voice and can act.)


I don't know what we're doing here but I love this picture.


  At Hume Lake.


Here we are in the basketball trophy case in high school.  Why?  I don't know...because we were that cool, apparently.


This picture is from Marci's 16th birthday.  I arranged a surprise trip to take her to see Les Miserables in a limo.  Don't you wish you were my friend in high school?  I don't do cool stuff like that anymore.


Unfortunately I couldn't find any pictures from when Marci was homecoming queen.  Yes, she was homecoming queen and class president.  (Marci was the cool kid and I just tagged along, and usually people were like, hey Marci, who's that girl you're with?)

I also don't have any pictures of us from her wedding (hmmm, Marc, maybe send me some of your wedding pictures), but she was a stunning bride.  Like, indescribably stunning.  I cried a lot on her wedding day.

I do have this one from my wedding day.


...maybe this one's a little better, but the above picture is most "us".

I love this girl a lot.  She's put up with me for a really long time, and still laughs at my stupid jokes.  What a friend, right?  She's beautiful, talented, intelligent, kind, loves Jesus, and she's basically just really great.  Marcela, if I could I'd take you to Les Mis again...or to the mall, and then we'd drive by the Scranton house and scare ourselves...

Happy Birthday to one of the best friends a girl could ask for.

2 comments:

  1. DEAR MARCI....I realize this is belated, but I sincerely hope you had a very special BIRTHDAY! Since Kimberly dedicated this blog to you, I wanted to say to you that although I've only known you through Kimberly, I have ALWAYS thought you to be such a 'sweet' girl! (I must say that you have turned into a beautiful woman of eloquence; a style of maturity you possess).

    When Kimberly said that "you love JESUS", that was the GREATEST thing to be said; you indeed have what really matters....Sincerely, (Kimberly's aunt)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimmy,
    Beautiful post about a beautiful woman. Really glad my family moved to P-ville and I met both of you wonderful ladies.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...