Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Whole and Holy


The above verse has become my mantra recently.  I just keep repeating to myself, "Whole and holy, soul and body."  Lately I've tried to be mindful of how I'm living, as I want to be purposeful in the things I do.  I find I'm most content that way, probably because of my nature to want to be productive and healthy.  (I think that description sounds much nicer than Type-A and anal.)  It means that sometimes it's difficult for me to relax or just let go of things, but at the same time, I find opportunities to relax more often when I'm purposeful in the way I live.  I'm trying to focus on implementing things that nourish me physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually, while avoiding the things that leave me feeling divided or incomplete.

Forgive me for the short post this morning, but I start my new job in a few hours and a new term begins today.  I'm currently enrolled in Shakespeare and an internet technology class.  Shakespeare is already proving to be awesome, because I love Shakespeare and because my class is filled with writers and readers (and, you know, we are a pretty cool group).  However, the internet technology class is going to be pretty time-consuming, filled with busy work and stuff I do not understand.  (Perhaps by the end of the class I'll understand it.  One can hope, right?)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...